Stand-Up Comedy 160
Comedy Class Syllabus:
- Hone your stand-up comedy skills in a free-form writing environment
- Learn traditional improv techniques and how to apply them to your craft
- Mold topics into an on-the-spot original routine through a weekly on-stage performance workshop
- Translate your ideas into a crafted act through proper joke structure and editing techniques
Comedy Classes Include:
- (2) three-hour-long comedy class sessions Sundays from 1-4PM at Helium Comedy Club
- (3) two-hour-long comedy class sessons on Wednesdays 6-8PM at Helium Comedy Club
- A Graduation Showcase at Helium at 8PM on the Wednesday immediately following the final class session (schedule permitting) in which participants perform for an audience of friends and family in a supportive, positive, and controlled environment
Upcoming Class Dates
- 3/4, 3/7, 3/11, 3/14, 3/21, 3/27
- Graduation Showcase will be held on Tuesday, 3/27
About the Instructor:
Rick Matthews was born and raised in Western New York. Taking what that region has taught him, he is hard working, gritty, and destined to be in second place. His family, past, and full-length mirror provide him with all the material he needs to fuel his relatable brand of humor that keeps audiences laughing. He has toured around the country with Jim Norton, and has performed in numerous clubs, casinos, colleges, and festivals throughout the U.S. He is also the creator of the hit "Comics Against Humanity" show, based on the popular card game "Cards Against Humanity," which is now featured at other Helium locations around the country.
Rick teaches both introductory and advanced stand-up comedy classes at Helium Comedy Club.
Rich Lamb has been performing in comedy clubs and universities across the country since 1997. Having worked with professional improvisational troupes and nationally recognized comedians, Rich has acquired a lifetime of comedic experience. Rich's work also includes writing material for current touring headliners, one-man acts and print advertisements.
Rich has taught more than 150 individuals interested in pursuing comedy as a career, and those seeking to incorporate humor into their professional lives.
Rich teaches both introductory and advanced stand-up comedy classes at Helium Comedy Club.