Stand-Up Comedy 130
Comedy Class Syllabus
- Hone your stand-up comedy skills in a free-form writing environment
- Mold topics into an original routine through a weekly on-stage performance workshop
- Translate your ideas into a crafted act through proper joke structure and editing techniques
Comedy Classes Include:
- Four two-hour-long comedy class sessions at Helium Comedy Club, Tuesdays from 6 to 8PM
- A Graduation Showcase at Helium at 8pm on the Wednesday immediately following the final class session (schedule permitting) in which participants perform for an audience of friends and family in a supportive, positive, and controlled environment
Upcoming Class Dates
- 2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 2/28
About the Instructor:
Rick Matthews was born and raised in Western New York. Taking what that region has taught him, he is hard working, gritty, and destined to be in second place. His family, past, and full-length mirror provide him with all the material he needs to fuel his relatable brand of humor that keeps audiences laughing. He has toured around the country with Jim Norton, and has performed in numerous clubs, casinos, colleges, and festivals throughout the U.S. He is also the creator of the hit "Comics Against Humanity" show, based on the popular card game "Cards Against Humanity," which is now featured at other Helium locations around the country.
Rick teaches both introductory and advanced stand-up comedy classes at Helium Comedy Club.